Full-service men's barbershops and male-focused salons are popping up everywhere, meeting the growing demand for a comfortable, male-oriented space where men can get a great haircut or color, cover the gray, and experience the time-honored tradition of a relaxing, rejuvenating shave.
Our barbering program features hair cutting; chemical work (including coloring and perms); men’s shaving and grooming; basic skin care; and hairpiece design, fitting, and maintenance in a three-phase program we call Core, Adaptive, and Creative.
Learn the rules!
In this introductory course, you'll learn the core foundations that will let you confidently begin working on guests, and your Learning Leaders will help you blend professional skills with personal development.
Apply the rules!
Building on the skills you learned in Core, this intermediate level teaches the value of time management, retailing, and the art of successful communication.
Expand the rules!
This final phase takes you through advanced hairdressing and chemical work. During your last months and weeks toward graduation, you'll spend your time in high gear, preparing yourself for your future salon career.
Student Educational Materials
- Cutting System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-2-6, $300.00
- Cutting System Cutting Cards, ISBN N/A, $10.00
- The Cutting Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-4-0, $32.00
- Color System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-1-9, $300.00
- The Coloring Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-3-3, $26.00
- Color System Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $14.50
- Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, ISBN N/A, $2.50
- Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- Behind the Bottle CD, ISBN N/A $3.00
- Multiple Intelligence Letter
- Success for the Modern Salon CD, $40.00
- 1 Plugged In thumb drive, Plugged In membership, and MASTERS Audio Club subscription throughout enrollment (minimum 1 year), ISBN N/A, $30.00
- 1 Color paper swatch chart
- 1 PM Shines paper swatch chart
- 1 Blonding Brochure 2012
- Milady’s Standard Professional Barbering, 5th Edition Textbook, ISBN-13: 978-1-4354-9715-3 (Hardcover), $118.50
- Milady’s Standard Professional Barbering Student Workbook, ISBN-13: 978-1-4354-9713-9, $57.50
- Milady’s Standard Professional Barbering Exam Review, ISBN-13: 978-1-4354-9712-2, $39.95