FUNraising's "First 100" Contest
“First 100” Future Professionals and Staff Opportunity
Attend the Paul Mitchell School's FUNraising Gala and Meet Gary Sinise, Sara Rue, Magic Johnson, Fran Drescher, Kathy Buckley, Pauley Perrette, Winn Claybaugh, and Other Celebrities!
PLUS a Day of Hands-On Education with Lucie Doughty and Fumi Eguchi!
Dear Paul Mitchell Future Professionals and Staff Members,
This year for our 2015 Paul Mitchell Schools FUNraising Campaign we want to honor and reward the first 100 Future Professionals and staff who raise $3,000 in donations. The “First 100” FUNraisers will attend the Paul Mitchell Schools FUNraising Gala on Sunday, May 3, 2015, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, and a special day of hands-on education the following day with top industry artists and educators.
The First 100 Future Professionals and staff members who collect $3,000 in donations for the Paul Mitchell Schools 2015 FUNraising campaign will receive:
* Please note: While our celebrity partners have agreed and are scheduled to attend the FUNraising Gala, there are rare occasions when unforeseen circumstances such as career-related contractual obligations require a change of plans and could prevent and excuse their attendance.
- Airfare to Los Angeles, California
- Two nights’ hotel room (Sunday and Monday, May 3 and 4, 2015), double occupancy
- Tickets to the Paul Mitchell Schools FUNraising Gala, hosted by Winn Claybaugh and Pauley Perrette, with special guests Gary Sinise, Sara Rue, Magic Johnson, Fran Drescher, Kathy Buckley, and other celebrities.*
- A day of hands-on education at Paul Mitchell The School Sherman Oaks on Monday, May 4, 2015, with Lucie Doughty and Fumi Eguchi. (See their bios below.)
First 100 Contest Rules:
- The first 100 Future Professionals and staff who collect $3,000 in donations will win a trip to the Paul Mitchell Schools FUNraising Gala and a day of hands-on education with top industry artists and educators.
- The $3,000 can come from a single donor or multiple donors. Donors can pledge their donations directly to any of the 2015 supported charitable organizations, and the entire donation will go directly to the charity:
· Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation
· Cancer Schmancer
· Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
· Food 4 Africa
· Gary Sinise Foundation
· Habitat for Humanity
· Magic Johnson Foundation
· Morris Animal Foundation
· No Limits
· The Thirst Project
- All expenses for this contest (airfare, hotel, etc.) will be covered by your school and by our amazing sponsors so we stay consistent with our mission to keep our expenses low.
- The donations will be included in your school’s overall FUNraising total.
- On or after February 1, as soon as you raise your $3,000, immediately send an email to Liz VanScoy to let her know. (You or your school’s FUNraising representative can send the message.)
- Remember, this contest is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED! You must be one of the first 100 FUNraisers to win.
Send an email to Liz VanScoy at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Are you a Future Professional or staff member?
- Your school name
- Male or female (required for hotel room booking)
Liz will contact your school to confirm your donations, and she will notify the First 100 Future Professionals and staff when the results are in.
Good luck, everyone!
XOXO, Winn Claybaugh
Dean and Cofounder of Paul Mitchell Schools
About Lucie Doughty and Fumi Eguchi
Lucie Doughty – After an extensive two-year cosmetology training program in England and an apprentice position with Vidal Sassoon, Lucie Doughty worked at Sassoon’s salons in England and Germany before heading the color department at his new Santa Monica, CA academy. Lucie became the Color Specialist at the first Paul Mitchell School and created the hair color curriculum used by all Paul Mitchell Schools today. Lucie has won North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) in several categories, was named Teacher of the Year by Vidal Sassoon and Paul Mitchell, and maintains the manes of a celebrity clientele. She is the Editorial Director for Paul Mitchell as well as an in-demand session and editorial stylist.
Fumi Eguchi – As the creative director of Lunatic Fringe Salons, award-winning hairdresser and photographer Fumihiko Eguchi has led their salon team to two consecutive NAHA wins. Originally from Fukuoka, Japan, Fumi’s lifelong interest in fashion and art compelled him to leave his native country. Hairdressing attracted him as its own art form; his technique is a fine balance between geometry and fluidity. He has worked with Angus Mitchell, Julian Perlingiero, Lucie Doughty, Robert Lobetta, and other industry icons.
Click to learn more about last year's FUNraising efforts, and to check out our incredible FUNraising charity partners!