Acceptance: After a prospect has completed the enrollment process, the enrollment team and director reviews each applicant and his or her required admissions materials including the written entrance essay and personal interview to determine acceptance. Upon decision of the enrollment team and director, the applicant receives written notification of acceptance or denial. Note: All Applicants must go through the entire enrollment application process (detailed in the enrollment application) which includes re-entry students (withdrawals) and transfer students.
If you have a disability and need an academic adjustment, please notify the Admissions Leader as soon as possible, so the school can review your request. A copy of the school’s ADA Policy and Request for Accommodations form may be found on the school’s website or from the school’s Admissions Leader.
TEST: VON CURTIS INC., DBA Paul Mitchell The School Costa Mesa, is an independently owned and operated franchisee of Paul Mitchell Advanced Education, LLC.
TO FINALIZE YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Submit the completed application form
2. Submit a $75.00 non-refundable application fee for admission processing.
3. Submit two (2) head-and-shoulder pictures of yourself (for stateboard purposes).
4. Submit a photocopy of your high school diploma, official high school transcripts, an academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed at least
a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit towards a bachelor’s degree, or high school equivalency diploma. We are required to verify that
your proof of education comes from a valid high school or high school equivalency diploma program. If we determine that your diploma or high school
equivalency diploma is not valid, you will be denied admission to the school.
5. Submit a copy of your driver’s license, passport, government-issued identification card or birth certificate.
6. Complete a personal interview with the Admissions and/or Financial Aid Team.
7. Submit the pre-enrollment questionnaire.
8. Dual License: Students that have their California cosmetology license or have completed the 1600 hours in cosmetology and would like to enroll in the barbering
program must submit a copy of their official transcript and Students that have their California barbering license or have completed 1500 hours in barbering
and would like to enroll in the cosmetology program must submit a copy of their official transcript.
9. Pass the aptitude exam.