On October 5th 2020, Parisian Beauty Academy Paul Mitchell Partner School will welcome back the public to receive personal care services from our students
under the supervision of licensed teachers. The following guidelines will
take effect to ensure the safety of our students, staff, & guests:
•Parisian will begin with a “soft” opening and proceed in phases as we
continue to welcome back guests.
• Hair & Skin services will be permitted, except Makeup Applications
• Appointments will be made by availability only
• Our hours of operation have been updated:
• Wed –Friday 9:30am – 12:30pm (Chemical Services) and 1:30pm (Dry Services & Skin Care Services)
• Tuesday – Thursday 6:15pm – 7:30pm
• Services will be accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Walk-ins will not be permitted at this time.
• Appointment requests with a certain individual are NOT permitted, unless
it’s a family member.
• We will be spacing out appointments to allow adequate time for cleaning and disinfecting all non-porous surfaces in-between appointments and to minimize person-to-person contact and the number on the premises at any given time.
• Once you arrive, park your car in the designated areas for guests and call us at (201) 487-2203 option 2, and let us know you’re here. We will call you back when you can enter the building.
• A team member will be taking your temperature, asking
questions, and have you fill out a disclaimer prior to check-in. Walking
into the facility means you are verifying compliance. If you have a
temperature of 100.4 or higher or have any cold/flu like-symptoms, you are
required to leave the school.
• Face masks are required upon entry into the building, and through-out the service. When providing a service that requires the removal of the client’s face covering, students will wear (1) a mask or and (2) a face shield.
• Please adhere to the Social Distancing Guidelines and stay 6-ft between others when possible.
• We have placed Hand Sanitizing bottles around our clinic area and service desk for our patrons to use. We ask that you sanitize frequently during your time with
• We have removed magazines/books/newspapers and other publications;
candy dishes; product testers/samples; any and all open food or
self-service food or beverage stations to reduce the risk of transmission.
• Guest Bathroom is located next to our Color Bar Area.
• Our take home shelves and products will be disinfected and cleaned everyday to reduce the spread of any germs/bacteria.
• If returning products purchased from Parisian, to reduce the spread of COVID-19, open bottles and products will not be accepted during this time.
Parisian Beauty Academy Reopening Guidelines (Updated July 17 2020)
Parisian Beauty Academy Paul Mitchell Partner School is closely monitoring the latest updates and developments regarding COVID-19, a respiratory illness causing flu-like symptoms. As a campus, we are following CDC and New Jersey Health Department guidelines.
With the exception of more extreme disinfecting practices throughout the building, there are currently no changes to our normal routines and activities, and we hope not to make such changes. Any update to that situation will be posted on Parisian’s website, and we will update that as soon as any need arises.
Any contagious disease in an open society can spread, and without creating panic, we should continue taking sensible steps to protect our health and safety. This is a rapidly changing situation and, rest assured, we are continually assessing it. The first step is to make sure we know as much as we can about the illness, how to avoid areas of higher risk, and what to do if we, or someone we know begin to exhibit symptoms. Being informed will also help calm any anxiety you may be feeling. We are carefully monitoring our sources for information about the spread of this virus, and you can do the same by checking into the following websites, which contain good, solid information:
Additionally, you will find more information below in the related links section.
We urge you all to take whatever important steps are available to safeguard your health, and the health of those around you. Most important, if you feel sick, do not come to school. You’re not doing yourself or anyone any favors if you fight through illness and show up at school with a fever or persistent cough. Other steps include washing your hands frequently with soap and water & covering your mouth when you sneeze with either a tissue or the inside of your elbow. We will make sure that soap dispensers and hand sanitizer dispensers are continually stocked in all our bathrooms.
Should the need arise for Parisian to make any adjustments to our educational processes, we will do so with the following goals in mind: helping us continue to deliver on our educational mission while keeping our community safe. We have been in discussions with NJ State Board to explore how we would manage a situation in which instruction moves from classroom to on-line, either to accommodate
individual students who cannot come to school for some reason, or on a broader scale.
We feel it is in everyone’s best interest for us to think about establishing ways for Future Professionals to continue to make progress and faculty to continue to teach, just in case.
We’d like to emphasize that every element recommended here represents good, common-sense health and hygiene. As the situation evolves, we will keep you informed and make whatever adjustments we need to make, in order to protect our collective wellbeing.
Harry Comp, Jr, President
Penny Muccia, Dean
Danielle Guadarrama, Director
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
The U.S. Department of Education