Dear Paul Mitchell The School North Tahoe Family,
Under local county guidelines, Paul Mitchell The School North Tahoe is open to clinic classroom operation only. Our Future Professionals are on campus and seeing guests for cut and color services. We are operating under a reduced schedule until we are able to return to full operations. We continue to follow local and federal regulations. Please follow our social media platforms for additional updates.
Dear Paul Mitchell The School North Tahoe Family:
In order to do our part to “flatten the curve” and at the direction of local government, Paul Mitchell The School North Tahoe will be closed until further notice. We are working with the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology and our accrediting agency – National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) to implement Distance Education. Our Education Team will contact all students when we have more details about how the program will function. We will also continue to post updates on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Make sure to check in frequently for new information. Some PMTS North Tahoe staff will be working reduced hours remotely. Please reach out to us with any questions. Take good care and stay healthy!
With all the news about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), many are asking questions about visiting a public space like a cosmetology school.
At Paul Mitchell Schools, the health, safety, and well-being our of students, team members, service guests, and community are among our highest priorities. We continue to monitor state, local, national, and industry guidelines regarding COVID-19 and are taking proactive measures as needed.
Our schools and our entire industry always prioritize sanitation and safety. All of our programs include and follow stringent guidelines established by state cosmetology and barbering boards and local health departments for the proper cleaning and maintenance of tools and stations. Even before the spread of COVID-19, we already provide a fully sanitized experience, which includes washing our hands between each guest and cleaning surfaces and tools with antibacterial cleaner. We are currently taking additional measures, including the use of industrial-grade cleaners to sanitize stations, door handles, and frequently touched services on a more frequent basis and increasing the number of strategically placed disinfectant wipes and hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building, so students, staff, and visitors can use as desired.
- As an institution of higher education, our priority is to keep our students and team healthy while providing a safe environment for members of the public who visit our clinic classroom. We respectfully ask that you reschedule your appointment if any of the following conditions apply:
- If you have had recent fever or flu-like symptoms.
- If you have traveled to any of the affected areas in the world.
- If you have been exposed to the virus and are currently under the 14-day quarantine period.
- Every Paul Mitchell School strives to create a safe space for our Future Professionals and team members. During your visit, we look forward to focusing on you, your hair, and your comfort. We would prefer not to spend the visit analyzing and discussing COVID-19 or the world’s situation, which can increase anxiety and panic for everyone involved.
We are grateful for your participation in our clinic classroom and appreciate your understanding as we work to maintain a healthy and safe environment.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Home
Keeping Workplaces, Homes, Schools, or Commercial Establishments Safe
What To Do If You Are Sick
Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Institutions of Higher Education
World Health Organization
World Health Organization Home
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
Q&A on Coronaviruses (COVID-19)
The U.S. Department of Education
COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel