The Barbering Program
Barber School - Colorado Springs, CO
The hot modern-day barbershop trend is exploding. More and more people are wanting a comfortable space where they can get where they can get the full barber experience of grooming, a classic taper or fade style haircut and a relaxing shave performed by a trained, professional barber. Our three-level program gives you hands-on training in everything from precision haircutting, color and texture to skincare, shaving and grooming, plus the personal and business skills you need to build a career.
Our Program Levels
LEVEL 1: CORE
A foundation course focusing on the fundamentals of both the theory and technical foundations of hair, skin, men’s grooming, facial shaves and an introduction to our Paul Mitchell Schools culture. Future Professionals learn the fundamentals in theory, then practice them hands-on in the safe environment of the classroom. You’ll work on mannequin heads and receive close, personal attention from a Learning Leader guiding you every step of the way.
Technical Areas Covered Include:
- Chemical work (including coloring and perms)
- Men’s shaving and grooming
- Basic skin and grooming
- Basic skin care
- Hairpiece design, fitting, and maintenance
- And much more
LEVEL 2: ADAPTIVE
The learning continues in the classroom and in the clinic classroom, where Future Professionals practice and perfect the fundamental skills learned in Core. Adaptive-level students work on live models in a barbershop-like environment with the oversight and support of their Learning Leaders. You will work with professional products and learn how to conduct client consultations and create extraordinary guest-service experiences.
Areas Covered Include:
- Practice on real people in a barbershop-like environment
- Perfect your skills with help from Learning Leaders
LEVEL 3: CREATIVE
The Creative phase is where Future Professionals begin to expand their skills and learn more advanced and creative techniques. At the Creative level, students prepare to become barbershop-ready by working more independently. The pace and conditions are similar to those in a barbershop. You will develop your speed, build a résumé and portfolio and prepare to pass the state board test.
Areas Covered Include:
- Work independently (under the supervision of a Learning Leader)
- Prepare a career portfolio
- Prepare to pass the State Board test
- Develop speed and prepare to start your career
We want you to be prepared. That’s why our Future Professionals receive their own professional kit packed with all the essentials—mannequin heads, shears, clippers and trimmers, a straight-edge razor, combs, clips, and much more—so you’re ready to succeed in school and launch your dream career.
When you have the latest technology and resources at your fingertips, you’ll be more successful in school and in your career. Future Professionals have on-the-go access to schoolwork, advice from industry leaders, Paul Mitchell cutting and coloring apps, our exclusive Business Fundamentals: Connecting to My Future curriculum and much more.Learn More
Learn more about our graduation, placement, and licensure rates, and much more.
Our Barbering Programs
We offer varying barbering program options. See below for more details on each of them.
School Supplies, Kit, and Tuition Costs
Application Fee (nonrefundable): $100.00
Technical Kit: $1,869.88
Textbook (non-refundable): $299.95
Digital Kit (non-refundable): $578.44
Sales Tax (non-refundable): $226.73
Total Cost: $20,100.00
Drop Fee: $100.00
School Required Hours
Commitment to Complete Program: 1500 hours
Ready to get started? Here are our upcoming start dates for this program:
Please check back later for class start dates.
- 1 Cutting System App, ISBN N/A, $199.00
- 1 Men’s Cutting System DVD, ISBN N/A, $162.50
- 1 Color System App, ISBN N/A, $199.00
- 1 The Coloring Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-3-3, $26.00
- 1 The Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $26.25
- 1 Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, $2.50
- 1 Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- 1 Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- 1 Plugged In membership (while enrolled)
- 1 Master Audio Club subcription (while enrolled)
- 1 The Color paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 PM® Shines paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Blonding Brochure, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Shine XG® paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Pivot Point Fundamentals:: Barbering Digital e-book; ISBN: 978-1-948482-68-4
Paul Mitchell The School Colorado Springs offers two options for its Barbering program, one which provides 25% of the course via distance learning, and the second option requires all of the training to take place within our campus.
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate tuition information based on what similar students paid in a previous year.Launch Calculator
Funding Your Education
Curious about your future as a barber? There are a wide variety of financial aid options out there—and we’re here to help you find them. Get information about tuition, financial aid, scholarships, and more from our helpful Colorado Springs Financial Aid Leader.Learn More
How can I find out more?
Contact us today and a member of our Enrollment Team will get back to you right away and answer all your questions.