Cosmetology Program - Roanoke VA
At Paul Mitchell The School Roanoke, we prepare our students (or as we call them, Future Professionals) for careers in the beauty industry as licensed cosmetologists. Students are guided by our Learning Leaders through the Cosmetology program’s three levels—Core, Adaptive and Creative—taking on more advanced techniques and building real-world skills and confidence as they move through each stage.
Our Program Levels
Level 1: Core
A foundation course focusing on the fundamentals of cutting, color, texture, styling, skin and nails, and an introduction to our Paul Mitchell Schools culture. Future Professionals learn the fundamentals in theory, then practice them hands-on in the safe environment of the classroom. You’ll work on mannequin heads and receive close, personal attention from a Learning Leader guiding you every step of the way.
Technical Areas Covered Include:
- Braiding, up-styling and finishing
- Perming and smoothing hair
- Hair coloring and lightening
- Precision haircutting skills
- Manicure, pedicure, makeup and facials
- And much more
Level 2: Adaptive
The learning continues in the classroom and on the clinic floor, where Future Professionals practice and perfect the fundamental skills learned in Core. Adaptive-level students work on live models in a salon-like environment with the oversight and support of their Learning Leaders. You will work with professional products and learn how to conduct client consultations and create extraordinary guest-service experiences.
Areas Covered Include:
- Practice on real people in a salon-like environment
- Perfect your skills with help from Learning Leaders
Level 3: Creative
The Creative phase is where Future Professionals begin to expand their skills and learn more advanced and creative techniques. At the Creative level, students prepare to become salon-ready by working more independently. The pace and conditions are similar to those in a salon. You will develop your speed, build a résumé and portfolio and prepare to pass the state board test.
Areas Covered Include:
- Work independently (under the supervision of a Learning Leader)
- Prepare a career portfolio
- Prepare to pass the State Board test
- Develop speed and prepare to start your career
An optional course of intensive study within the Cosmetology program for those Future Professionals who want to be challenged to their highest level of performance. Phase Two students get advanced training and work in conditions that mimic salon reality. By planning, managing and setting team goals, and going that extra mile, you’ll learn to create your own success.
The Phase Two program features:
- A progressive clinic floor classroom setting environment
- Accelerated guest booking and double-booking
- Team-based guest service systems
- Personal and team goal setting for services and Take Home
- Refinement of creative technical skills
- High level of independence in decision making
- Collaborative and consultative relationship with the Phase Two Leader
- Special Phase Two guest artists
- Guest management training
- Coaching on advanced Take Home and service skills
One of the most exciting days for our Future Professionals is the day they get to unwrap their very own professional kit. It’s packed with all the essentials—hot styling tools, mannequin heads, combs and brushes, scissors and clips, and much more—so you’re ready to succeed in school and launch your dream career.
Learn more about our graduation, placement, and licensure rates, and much more.
OUR COSMETOLOGY PROGRAMS
We offer varying cosmetology program options. See below for more details on each of them.
Registration Fee 100.00
Technical Kit* 2,394.52
Textbook (non-refundable) 465.00
Sales Tax (non-refundable) 151.56
TOTAL COSTS $22,044.73
School Required Hours
Commitment to Complete Program: 1500 hours
Ready to get started? Here are our upcoming start dates for this program:
- July 3, 2023 -- Cosmetology Night
- July 31, 2023 -- Cosmetology Night
- August 1, 2023 -- Cosmetology 5 Day
- August 1, 2023 -- Cosmetology 3 Day
- August 28, 2023 -- Cosmetology Night
- September 12, 2023 -- Cosmetology 5 Day
- September 12, 2023 -- Cosmetology 3 Day
- September 25, 2023 -- Cosmetology Night
- October 23, 2023 -- Cosmetology Night
- October 24, 2023 -- Cosmetology 5 Day
- October 24, 2023 -- Cosmetology 3 Day
- November 20, 2023 -- Cosmetology Night
1 The Men’s Cutting System DVD 1 Barbering Fundamentals Book
1 The Cutting System App
1 The Color Systems App
1 Be Nice (Or Else!) Book
Plugged In (Access to Master ‘s Library (while enrolled)
1 Mini-Color Swatch Book
1 Coloring System App
1 The Makeup Portfolio (available in print only)
1 Pivot Point Cosmetology eBook & Digital Set $290.40
1 Qnity $81.60
Sales Tax $30.69
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate tuition information based on what similar students paid in a previous year.Launch Calculator
Funding Your Education
There are a wide variety of financial aid options out there—and we’re here to help you find them. Get information about tuition, financial aid, scholarships, and more from our helpful Roanoke Financial Aid Leader.Learn More
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Contact us today and a member of our Enrollment Team will get back to you right away and answer all your questions.