Cosmetology Program - San Francisco, CA
At San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology, we prepare our students (or as we call them, Future Professionals) for careers in the beauty industry as licensed cosmetologists. Students are guided by our Learning Leaders through the Cosmetology program’s three levels—Core, Adaptive and Creative—taking on more advanced techniques and building real-world skills and confidence as they move through each stage.
Our Program Levels
Level 1: Core
A foundation course focusing on the fundamentals of cutting, color, texture, styling, skin and nails, and an introduction to our Paul Mitchell Schools culture. Future Professionals learn the fundamentals in theory, then practice them hands-on in the safe environment of the classroom. You’ll work on mannequin heads and receive close, personal attention from a Learning Leader guiding you every step of the way.
Technical Areas Covered Include:
- Braiding, up-styling and finishing
- Perming and smoothing hair
- Hair coloring and lightening
- Precision haircutting skills
- Manicure, pedicure, makeup and facials
- And much more
Level 2: Adaptive
The learning continues in the classroom and on the clinic floor, where Future Professionals practice and perfect the fundamental skills learned in Core. Adaptive-level students work on live models in a salon-like environment with the oversight and support of their Learning Leaders. You will work with professional products and learn how to conduct client consultations and create extraordinary guest-service experiences.
Areas Covered Include:
- Practice on real people in a salon-like environment
- Perfect your skills with help from Learning Leaders
Level 3: Creative
The Creative phase is where Future Professionals begin to expand their skills and learn more advanced and creative techniques. At the Creative level, students prepare to become salon-ready by working more independently. The pace and conditions are similar to those in a salon. You will develop your speed, build a résumé and portfolio and prepare to pass the state board test.
Areas Covered Include:
- Work independently (under the supervision of a Learning Leader)
- Prepare a career portfolio
- Prepare to pass the State Board test
- Develop speed and prepare to start your career
One of the most exciting days for our Future Professionals is the day they get to unwrap their very own professional kit. It’s packed with all the essentials—hot styling tools, mannequin heads, combs and brushes, scissors and clips, and much more—so you’re ready to succeed in school and launch your dream career.
When you have the latest technology and resources at your fingertips, you’ll be more successful in school and in your career. Future Professionals have on-the-go access to schoolwork, advice from industry leaders, Paul Mitchell cutting and coloring apps, our exclusive Business Fundamentals: Connecting to My Future curriculum and much more.Learn More
Learn more about our graduation, placement, and licensure rates, and much more.
OUR COSMETOLOGY PROGRAMS
We offer varying cosmetology program options. See below for more details on each of them.
School Supplies, Kit, and Tuition Costs
Registration Fee (nonrefundable) 150.00
Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) (nonrefundable) 52.50
Student Kit fee (nonrefundable) 4,700.00
TOTAL COSTS $20,902.50
School Required Hours
Commitment to Complete Program: 1000 hours
Ready to get started? Here are our upcoming start dates for this program:
- MARCH 28 2023 COSMETOLOGY (daytime 4 or 5 day)
- JUNE 6 2023 COSMETOLOGY
- AUGUST 29 2023 COSMETOLOGY
- SEPTEMBER 19 2023 COSMETOLOGY
- NOVEMBER 7 2023 COSMETOLOGY
- 1 Cutting System APP, ISBN N/A, $199.00
- 1 Men’s Cutting System DVD, ISBN N/A, $162.50
- 1 Color System APP, ISBN N/A, $199.00
- 1 The Coloring Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-3-3, $26.00
- 1 The Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $26.25
- 1 Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, $2.50
- 1 Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- 1 Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- 1 Plugged In apron and membership(while enrolled)
- 1 Master Audio Club subscription (while enrolled)
- 1 The Color paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 PM SHINES® paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Blonding Brochure, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 SHINES XG® paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Black Messenger Bag
- 1 Dollar Camp Access
- 1 Bloom.com Access*
- 1 Perm Workshop*
- 1 Apple Ipad, $400.00
- 1 Online Prep Access
*These kit items are exclusive to San Francisco Institute of Esthetics & Cosmetology kit.
- 1 Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 13th Ed. / MindTap; ISBN-13: 9781305632028, $249.95
- 1 Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 13th Ed. Textbook (Hardcover); ISBN-13: 9781439059302, $112.50
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate tuition information based on what similar students paid in a previous year.Launch Calculator
Funding Your Education
There are a wide variety of financial aid options out there—and we’re here to help you find them. Get information about tuition, financial aid, scholarships, and more from our helpful San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology Financial Aid Leader.Learn More
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Contact us today and a member of our Enrollment Team will get back to you right away and answer all your questions.