Cosmetology Program - Temecula, CA
We educate and train our students (or as we call them, Future Professionals) to begin their careers in the beauty industry as licensed cosmetologists. Future Professionals are guided by our Learning Leaders through the cosmetology program’s three levels—Core, Adaptive, and Creative—taking on more advanced techniques and building real-world skills and confidence as they move through each stage. Our cosmetology program curriculum includes Paul Mitchell Advanced Education’s proprietary Cutting System, Color System, Texture System, Short Hair System, and Makeup System.
Our Program Levels
Level 1: Core
A foundation course focusing on the fundamentals of cutting, color, texture, styling, skin and nails, and an introduction to our Paul Mitchell Schools culture. Future Professionals learn the fundamentals in theory, then practice them hands-on in the safe environment of the classroom. You’ll work on mannequin heads and receive close, personal attention from a Learning Leader guiding you every step of the way.
Technical Areas Covered Include:
- Braiding, up-styling and finishing
- Perming and smoothing hair
- Hair coloring and lightening
- Precision haircutting skills
- Manicure, pedicure, makeup and facials
- And much more
Level 2: Adaptive
The learning continues in the classroom and on the clinic floor, where Future Professionals practice and perfect the fundamental skills learned in Core. Adaptive-level students work on live models in a salon-like environment with the oversight and support of their Learning Leaders. You will work with professional products and learn how to conduct client consultations and create extraordinary guest-service experiences.
Areas Covered Include:
- Practice on real people in a salon-like environment
- Perfect your skills with help from Learning Leaders
Level 3: Creative
The Creative phase is where Future Professionals begin to expand their skills and learn more advanced and creative techniques. At the Creative level, students prepare to become salon-ready by working more independently. The pace and conditions are similar to those in a salon. You will develop your speed, build a résumé and portfolio and prepare to pass the state board test.
Areas Covered Include:
- Work independently (under the supervision of a Learning Leader)
- Prepare a career portfolio
- Prepare to pass the State Board test
- Develop speed and prepare to start your career
One of the most exciting days for our Future Professionals is the day they get to unwrap their very own technical kit. It’s packed with all the essentials for the education journey—hot styling tools, mannequin heads, combs and brushes, scissors and clips, and much more—so you’re educationally prepared and ready to start your career journey.
*Purchasing the student kit directly from the school is optional.
When you have the latest technology and resources at your fingertips, you’ll be more prepared in school and in your career journey. Future Professionals have on-the-go access to schoolwork, words of wisdom from industry leaders, Paul Mitchell cutting and coloring apps, our exclusive Business Fundamentals: Connecting to My Future curriculum and much more.
*Students must purchase the Digital Support kit directly from the school.Learn More
Learn more about our graduation, placement, and licensure rates, and much more.
OUR COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM
Tuition $16,500 .00
Application Fee (nonrefundable) 25 .00
Registration Fee 75 .00
Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) (nonrefundable) 50 .00
Technical Kit (nonrefundable) 2,953 .86
Textbooks (nonrefundable) 258 .75
Digital Kit (nonrefundable) 336 .99
Sales Tax (8 .75%) (nonrefundable) 310 .59
TOTAL COSTS $20,510.19
School Required Hours
Commitment to Complete Program: 1000 hours
Ready to get started? Here are our upcoming start dates for this program:
- July 31st, 2023 - Night - Cosmetology
- August 14th, 2023 - 5 Day - Cosmetology
- October 11th, 2023 - 3 Day - Cosmetology
- December 4th, 2023 - Night - Cosmetology
- December 11th, 2023 - 5 Day - Cosmetology
- 1 Cutting System App, ISBN N/A, $199.00
- Men’s Cutting System DVD, ISBN N/A, $162.50
- 1 Color System App, ISBN N/A, $199.00
- 1 The Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $26.25
- 1 Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, $2.50
- 1 Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- 1 Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- 1 Multiple Intelligence (MI) Letter, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Service Menu Experience, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Plugged In Apron and membership (while enrolled)
- 1 Master Audio Club subscription (while enrolled)
- 1 The Color paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 PM SHINES® paper swatch chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Blonding Brochure, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 SHINES XG® Paper Swatch Chart, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Black Messenger Bag
- 1 Apple Ipad
- 1 Business Fundamentals Course
All cosmetology theory curriculum is taught in Pivot Point LAB, a ground-breaking integrated online learning environment built specifically for learners and educators in the beauty industry.
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate tuition information based on what similar students paid in a previous year.Launch Calculator
Funding Your Education
Curious about your future as a cosmetologist? There are a wide variety of financial aid options out there—and we’re here to help you find them. Get information about tuition, financial aid, scholarships, and more from our helpful Temecula Financial Aid Leader.Learn More