(May 6, 2020) – John Paul Mitchell Systems launched two exciting contests for Paul Mitchell Schools earlier this year, and the results are in! For “What’s The Big Idea,” Future Professionals and team members from all Paul Mitchell Schools were invited to submit a 2-minute video describing their Big Idea for an innovative product concept.
Congratulations to our 2020 What’s the Big Idea finalists – Future Professional Michelle Sitton of Paul Mitchell The School Houston-Webster and team members Michele McCleary of Paul Mitchell The School Richland and Kaitlyn Stepp of Paul Mitchell The School Greenville earned the opportunity to present their Big Ideas to Paul Mitchell Co-founder and Chairman John Paul DeJoria. One finalist will win the $5,000 grand prize and the chance for their idea to be the “next big thing” from John Paul Mitchell Systems.
Ten runners up will receive Paul Mitchell’s new top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art, Neuro tool kit valued at over $450:
- Megan Andersen, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Richland
- Evelyn Theuerkorn, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Michigan
- Rose Queener, Learning Leader, Paul Mitchell The School Michigan
- Allison Clary, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Nampa
- Chelsea Noriega, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Sherman Oaks
- Emma Traynor, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Pittsburgh
- Ci’Bon White-Henry, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Columbus
- Israel Jacob, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Richland
- Tiffany LaCroix, Learning Leader, Paul Mitchell The School Michigan
- Samantha Murray, Future Professional, Paul Mitchell The School Nampa
This marked the fifth year of “What’s the Big Idea?” John Paul developed the contest in recognition of the tremendous talent in Paul Mitchell Schools.
“We’re always looking for innovative, new ideas for products, tools, and professional services,” said Valerie George, Vice President of Research and Development. “We couldn’t think of a more talented group to ask than our Paul Mitchell Schools.”
Contestants were invited to consider these questions and submit their ideas via YouTube:
- Have you ever thought, “I’ve never seen this in a salon or barbershop but I bet it would be fantastic?”
- Which problem could you solve?
- What would be a new and exciting addition to professional products and services?
- What innovative Take Home products or tools do you wish you had on your shelves?
- What would you invent to improve any aspect of hairdressing or barbering and make it unique, faster, better and more effective?
- What unique, problem-solving product would be of value to Paul Mitchell Schools, salons, barbershops, and their guests?
DECADES OF HAIR TIKTOK CHALLENGE
To celebrate their 40th birthday and 40 years of amazing hair, John Paul Mitchell Systems created the #DecadesofHair TikTok challenge. Contestants were asked to grab their favorite Paul Mitchell products and show their unique takes on iconic hairstyles that defined the past, inspired our present, and will lead us into the future.
In addition to being part of a challenge viewed by more than 7 billion people so far, the three Paul Mitchell Future Professionals with the most views on their posts won a #DecadesofHair prize pack of tools and styling products valued at over $300.
Congratulations to our top three TikTok Future Professionals:
Hayley Mentzer, The Temple Annapolis, A Paul Mitchell Partner School
TikTok account: Hayldoeshair
Holly Elizabeth, Paul Mitchell The School Roanoke
TikTok account: honeyholly.mua
Anna Hungerford, Paul Mitchell The School Rhode Island
TikTok account: anna_huggie